Sunday, 9 December 2012

Simpson Reef Sketches

Double-crested Cormorants
Rain and projects have been keeping me home far too much.  Today we finally took off for a long day.  Two sketches were drawn today and two on November 15.  All are field sketches from Simpson Reef on the Oregon Coast.  It's one of my favorite places to sketch.  I hope for little wind (rare) and and no rain.  Our last two trips to the coast were perfect .... mellow days.  Helen Lesher's haiku says it well:

Pewter sea and Pewter sky 
Sandwich filling 
Gull and I

Bald Eagle with California Sea Lions in the background


At Simpson Reef there always is far more wildlife than just gulls.  Today I had hundreds of California and Steller's sea lions, harbor seals, bald eagle, peregrine, oystercatchers, horned grebes, harlequin ducks, cormorants, gulls, etc.  It's a wonderful spot.
California Sea Lions
Black Oystercatchers

No comments:

Post a Comment